New Community Career & Technical Institute (NCCTI) CARES Act Reporting on Emergency Financial Aid Grants to StudentsJune 15, 2020
NCCTI Welcomes Students Back to CampusAugust 3, 2020
UPDATED COVID PROTOCOLS
Effective June 2023
This COVID-19 Plan is based on what is currently known about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and is subject to change as circumstances and recommendations change. This Plan is to be utilized as a guideline and is not meant to supersede any current city, state or federal recommendations or orders.
The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the New Jersey Department of Education and New Community Corporation will no longer enforce mandatory social distancing or mask wearing. However, we encourage students, faculty, staff and visitors to be safe as well as mindful of others. Masking continues to be encouraged, unless otherwise dictated by program.
A high-quality mask such as KN95 or N95, or double masking (wearing a cloth mask over a surgical mask) is encouraged. Masks should comply with CDC mask guidelines.
Positive COVID cases should continue to be reported to the school’s administrative staff, and will continue to be monitored. The School will continue to adapt to any future changes in city, state and federal policy.
Protocol After Exposure to COVID-19
The School will follow the below protocols recommended by the CDC after coming in close contact with someone with COVID-19 or if you experience symptoms, regardless of your vaccination status.
- Wear a mask. You must wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days from the date of your last close contact with someone with COVID-19. (Note: if you cannot separate from the person with COVID-19 (e.g., spouse, child, intimate partner), you must continue to wear a mask for an additional 10 days after that person ends their isolation).
- Get tested and watch for symptoms. Get tested at least 5 days after you last had close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Even if you test negative, you should continue to mask for the full 10 days after exposure.
- If you test positive or develop COVID-19 symptoms, isolate from other people and follow the recommendations below for positive individuals.
Note: If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days, follow the CDC’s guidance for testing.
Protocol if You Have COVID-19 Symptoms or Test Positive for COVID-19
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and get tested as soon as possible. Remain home until your test results come back. If you test positive, follow the isolation protocols below.
If you tested positive for COVID-19, please follow the isolation protocols below:
- Stay home for at least 5 days
- Ending isolation if you had symptoms
- End isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms have improved.
- Note: If you had moderate or severe illness, you should isolate for 10 days.
- Ending isolation if you did NOT have symptoms
- End isolation after Day 5.
- Even if you end isolation, you must continue to mask around others for 10 full days after you tested positive or developed symptoms.
- If you continue to experience symptoms after Day 5, continue to isolate
- If you are continuing to experience symptoms after Day 5, remain at home and continue to isolate for 5 more days and until you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms have improved.