Building Trades Specialist ProgramApril 8, 2019
Culinary Arts Specialist ProgramApril 8, 2019
274 South Orange Avenue
Newark, NJ 07103
Aziza Johnson, Admissions Representative
Length of Program: 790 hours (6 months)
Medical Assistants are professionals who coordinate the activities of a medical office. The Medical Assistant Clinical students are qualified to provide clinical and administrative health care services under the supervision of a physician. They assist the doctor during examinations, keep all medical equipment in order and maintain medical records.
This program prepares the graduate for entry level positions in hospitals, medical offices or ancillary health care facilities. Medical Assistant Clinical students also are exposed to techniques in phlebotomy, electrocardiograms, vital signs, anatomy and CPR certification.
The instructor is familiar with industry trends, possesses the required educational attainments and is very knowledgeable about the medical field.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (Prospective students without a high school diploma who are 16 to 24 years old are eligible for a free High School Equivalency/GED program through NCCTI. Those over age 24 can enroll in the New Community Adult Learning Center High School Equivalency (HSE) Program.)
- Have a valid state ID
- Classroom lecture
- Practical hands-on assignments
- Work-based learning initiatives
- Employability skills training
- Job placement assistance
- Financial coaching through the Financial Opportunity Center (FOC)
Key Program Outcomes:
- Career pathways in an in-demand occupation
- Provides industry recognized credentials
- Connection to a host of employers
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- American Red Cross Basic Life Support/CPR Certification
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.