210 West Bigelow Street
Newark, NJ 07108
Aziza Johnson, Student Recruiter/Admissions Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of Program: 900 hours (six to seven months)
Four modules comprise our Building Trades Specialist Program: basic carpentry, basic electricity, basic plumbing and an internship.
Located at the state-of-the-art Training Center for New Community Career and Technical Institute, the Building Trades Specialist Program offers both hands-on training and classroom lectures. NCCTI provides highly qualified staff, support services, career information and job placement.
The instructor is familiar with industry trends, possesses the required educational attainments and is very knowledgeable about the building trades industry.
- Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Provide proof of citizenship
- Tool Identification: Basic Hand Tools
- Basic Carpentry: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Basic Plumbing: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Basic Electrical: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Windows and Doors: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Classroom lecture
- Practical hands-on assignments
- Work-based learning initiatives
- Internships and externships
- Employability skills training
- Job placement assistance
- Financial coaching
Key Program Outcomes:
- Career pathways in an in-demand occupation
- Provides industry recognized credentials
- Connection to a host of employers
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.