Automotive Technician Training ProgramApril 8, 2019
Medical Assistant ClinicalApril 8, 2019
210 West Bigelow Street
Newark, NJ 07108
Aziza Johnson, Admissions Representative
Length of Program: 900 hours (6 months)
The Building Trades Specialist program consists of four modules in basic carpentry, basic electricity, basic plumbing and an internship. Students will gain knowledge in building trade techniques and equipment use as well as safety measures.
The instructor is familiar with industry trends, possesses the required educational attainments and is very knowledgeable about the building trades industry.
- Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (Prospective students without a high school diploma who are 16 to 24 years old are eligible for a free High School Equivalency/GED program through NCCTI. Those over age 24 can enroll in the New Community Adult Learning Center High School Equivalency (HSE) Program.)
- Have a valid state ID
- Tool Identification: Basic Hand Tools
- Basic Carpentry: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Basic Plumbing: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Basic Electrical: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Windows and Doors: Technical Math and Technical Reading Comprehension
- Classroom lecture
- Practical hands-on assignments
- Work-based learning initiatives
- Employability skills training
- Job placement assistance
- Financial coaching through the Financial Opportunity Center (FOC)
Key Program Outcomes:
- Career pathways in an in-demand occupation
- Provides industry recognized OSHA credentials
- First Aid and CPR industry certifications
- Connection to a host of employers
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.