210 West Bigelow Street
Newark, NJ 07108
Aziza Johnson, Student Recruiter/Admissions Representative
Length of Program: 1,200 hours (10 months)
The Automotive Technician Training Program is a partnership between New Community Career and Technical Institute and Ford Motor Company. The program is designed to prepare job seekers for entry-level positions in the automotive repair industry on all types of vehicles. The program is an innovative blend of practical hands-on training and automotive theory. Based at the 12,000-square-foot facility located at 210 West Bigelow St., Newark, trainees have the benefit of highly trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment.
Upon completion, trainees are awarded the nationally recognized Ford Motor Company Maintenance and Light Repair Certification. Graduates have been hired by automobile dealerships and auto service centers for all different brands of vehicles and public transportation providers.
Instructors are familiar with industry trends, possess the required educational attainments and are very knowledgeable about the automotive industry.
The 12,000-square-foot Training Center includes:
- Full-service automotive training center
- Contemporary equipment and tools
- Newly-built classroom outfitted with the latest technology and a computer lab
- Life skills component is included to help students succeed in the workplace
- All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one
- Provide proof of citizenship
- Classroom lecture
- Practical hands-on assignments
- Work-based learning initiatives
- Internships and externships
- Employability skills training
- Job placement assistance
- Financial coaching
Key Program Outcomes:
- Career pathways in an in-demand occupation
- Provides industry recognized credentials
- Connection to a host of employers
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.