Students Participate In Gov. Murphy Press ConferenceMarch 8, 2019
Building Trades Specialist ProgramApril 8, 2019
Extension Branch Location
210 West Bigelow Street
Newark, NJ 07108
Aziza Johnson, Admissions Representative
Length of Program: 1,200 hours (9 months)
The Automotive Technician Training Program is a partnership between New Community Career and Technical Institute and Ford Motor Company. The program prepares students for a career in the automotive industry. Students are trained on vehicles and automotive software and learn to service all types of vehicles. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to enter the automotive workforce in an entry level position with any dealership or automotive repair shop.
Graduates have been hired by automobile dealerships and auto service centers for all different brands of vehicles and public transportation providers.
Instructors are familiar with industry trends, possess the required educational attainments and are very knowledgeable about the automotive industry.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid driver’s license and proof of an official driving record or be in the process of obtaining a driver’s license upon admission or be willing to begin the process of obtaining a driver’s license upon admission
- Classroom lecture
- Practical hands-on assignments
- Work-based learning initiatives
- Employability skills training
- Job placement assistance
- Financial coaching
Key Program Outcomes:
- Career pathways in an in-demand occupation
- Provides industry recognized OSHA credentials
- Connection to a host of employers
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.