274 South Orange Avenue
Newark, NJ 07103
Aziza Johnson, Student Recruiter/Admissions Representative
Length of Program: 790 hours (five to six months)
Clinical medical assistants are professionals who coordinate the activities of a medical office. Multi-skilled practitioners are qualified to provide clinical and administrative health care services under the supervision of a physician. They assist doctors during examinations, keep all medical equipment in order and maintain medical records. This program will prepare the graduate for entry-level positions in hospitals, medical offices or ancillary health care facilities. Clinical medical assistant students also are exposed to phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, X-rays, anatomy and are CPR certified.
The instructor is familiar with industry trends, possesses the required educational attainments and is very knowledgeable about the medical field.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Provide proof of citizenship
- Classroom lecture
- Practical hands-on assignments
- Work-based learning initiatives
- Internships and externships
- Employability skills training
- Job placement assistance
- Financial coaching
Key Program Outcomes:
- Career pathways in an in-demand occupation
- Provides industry recognized credentials
- Connection to a host of employers
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- American Red Cross Basic Life Support/CPR Certification
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.